POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Teaching Shapes : Re: Teaching Shapes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teaching Shapes
From: Chris B
Date: 7 Jul 2009 17:10:12
Message: <4a53b9b4@news.povray.org>
"quoderatd" <quo### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for project ideas or any objects that utilizies
>
> spline-based shapes and/or polygon-based shapes.

The Rope and the Blockwall macros on the POV-Ray Object Collection both
create objects that follow splines. Maybe the images in the documentation
for them could inspire ideas for a POV-Ray project:

http://lib.povray.org/collection/blockwall/chrisb%201.1.1/blockwall.html
http://lib.povray.org/collection/rope/chrisb%201.0/rope.html

I don't think the POV-Ray polygon object is used very much. Having said
that, there are examples of it being used in the Blockwall and CurvedPaving
macros which both use polygon objects to provide a quick render option. I
think it's more common to use prism objects, which can be generated using a
linear spline to give a 3D sort of equivalent.

Regards,
Chris B.