POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Keyboard warning : Re: Keyboard warning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keyboard warning
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 7 Jul 2009 13:02:16
Message: <4a537f98@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>> You could use eg. A/C -style heat pumping to get the heat out of the
>> sealed box.
>
> Given there are military laptop computers that work in the desert, or in
> the swimming pool, or etc, I don't think that's the only answer. I don't
> know how they do it, but it just looks like a robustified rubberized
> laptop computer, but you can dunk it in the river as you wade across and
> use it on the other side.

They don't use CRT's (which I referred to, while talking about pumping
the heat) :-).

Those mil-spec laptops ain't the fast ones. They are the ones that
produce mininum possible amount of heat and use most of the surface to
get it out, ie. use the whole laptop as a massive heatsink. They also
weight ~1,7 metric tons each.

-Aero