POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:46:22 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-Ray Windows plotting code
From: David H  Burns
Date: 7 Jul 2009 08:47:10
Message: <4a5343ce$1@news.povray.org>
This question may be ignorant or off-topic but: How does Pov-Ray
  "plot" images in Windows. I'm looking for the basic code which sends
a pixel to the screen. I've found several C++ programs that seem as if
they would do this but I can't get them to compile with Borland C++.
Pov-Ray seems to use a stable code that works well. It may be that I
don't really need this and that Pov-Ray as it exists will allow me to make
a mirror with a complex surface - but I guess that is a question for
another group.
Even so, I would like to know how Pov-Ray works.

Thanks for any help.

David