POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jul 2009 02:09:27
Message: <4a52e697$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Actually, there's a web site called bbspot.com that regularly (like,
> every few months) manages to write a satire article that gets picked up
> and distributed by actual qualified news outlets like CNN or NYT. And
> it's not even religion.

Wonder if they where the ones that reported that Jeff Goldbloom had died
falling from a mountain, in New Zealand, and 'verified' it by talking to
the cops there? Colbert had Goldbloom on "during" his announcement of
his supposed death, and the later 'confirmation' that he had indeed
died. Funnier than hell.

>> Its like living in a world based on the movie Baron Münchhausen.
>
> You know Baron Münchhausen was a real person? And there's a sickness
> called "Baron Münchhausen Syndrome" which involves someone unable to
> stop making up unbelievable stories about his exploits.

You, I know. And its slightly scary to think how many people have failed
to be diagnosed with the same condition in the US. lol

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {