POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jul 2009 02:05:51
Message: <4a52e5bf$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I think the problem is more what the leaders of the religion are saying.
> If the pope was out there advocating suicide bombers, I think there
> would be a better case against Catholics than there is now.

In the case of Catholics (or specifically their leadership, which most
don't pay much attention to anyway)... Quite frankly its what the
leadership "isn't" saying or doing that is the thing sinking that ship.
The only thing, at this point, which could make the diocese seem "more"
corrupt and insane would be finding the Pope in a closet, dressed in a
wetsuit, with stuff stuck in his varies openings, and a bunch of neck
ties around his throat. Sadly... One of our insane religious fanatics
beat him too that one.

Catholicism is a religion with a major personality disorder. On one
hand, its body (the lay people) mostly ignore what is going on in the
head (the Vatican), except when it has to, and goes on its own business,
as though nothing is wrong, while, on the other hand, the head has a bad
case of theological and moral Tourette Syndrome. It literally can't do,
or say, anything that isn't completely despicable, with the intent of
protecting itself from an increasing number of flat out stupid, evil, or
just plain bizarre, behaviors and ideas.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {