POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jul 2009 01:45:49
Message: <4a52e10d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I stand corrected, but that also ignores the history of the Church and
> what was "traditional" from the church's point of view.  How many wives
> did Joseph Smith have again?
>
> Jim

The truly stupid thing is, it was traditional for "large numbers" of the
early settlers, as was arranged marriages. It wasn't until later that
"both" fell out of favor. And the polygamy mainly because more liberal
groups, who liked women to have rights, took a good hard look at it and
realized that, as practiced, it pretty much completely denied "any"
rights to the women. Well, than and the idea that women might, if given
true rights, marry several men... Which would be the logical conclusion
of any system that "respected" the people involved, instead of demanding
that one of the two put out, shut up, and obey.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {