POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jul 2009 01:39:11
Message: <4a52df7f$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> That's a bit like arguing that a union didn't take an official stand
>> on an issue, but its "members" voted to go on strike....
>
> What's wrong with that?
>
> The Union itself may or may not take an official stance on an issue, but
> its members most like share a number of characteristics (median income,
> living conditions, work environment, etc) that make them more likely to
> vote the same way.
>
> It's not the same thing.

Sorry, but you seem to be missing my point. The people "are" the union,
as far as what the union itself "does" about any of the stuff it votes
on. To suggest that a) it has no stance, and b) that stance isn't what
is "presented" to vote on, is just silly. How likely do you think it
would be that a church's priest(s) would go against its congregation,
instead of allowing them to "vote" in some sense on what issues they
plan to push?

Still, you may be right, its possibly not the right example.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {