POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jul 2009 01:33:13
Message: <4a52de19$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 04:58:53 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 5 Jul 2009 22:44:06 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>>

>>> Cola drinks contain caffeine, a drug.  Caffeine is not wholesome nor
>>> prudent for the use of our bodies.  Therefore, as the Bishop wrote, "It
>>> is only sound judgment to conclude that cola drinks and any others that
>>> contain caffeine or other harmful ingredients should not be used."
>>> (Q&A, New Era, Oct. 1975.)
>> Out of interest and to my relief ;)
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8132122.stm
>
> Interesting, though it didn't do anything for my dad (though arguably he
> drank decaf....)
>
> Jim
Mind, the church's conclusion isn't all that sane anyway. Tea contains
caffeine, in most cases, so does coffee, and more than a few other
things. Pretty much "everything" is a drug, if it has an effect on the
body, *including* the herbs and things that are "good for you". But,
what do you expect from people basing their stance on pre-science
thinking, and the same sort of, "if its natural, its not one of those
icky *drugs*", gibberish that feeds altie medicine as well. :p

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {