POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jul 2009 01:26:25
Message: <4a52dc81$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> So don't call it marriage.  Call it a Civil union, even, and let
> organized religion deal with marriage however they wish.

Doesn't work. The fracking nuts "still" insist that its marriage, and
that some special "rights" are being taken from them, and therefor they
should fight it. You may as well ask them to stop attacking public
education as a whole, on the basis that they imagine its too secular and
run by Darwinists. Seen the latest news. Texas' local feudal lord (they
certainly don't seem to want to function as a representative of the
people) is considering replacing the existing insane head of the Texas
School Board with an even bigger dumb ass and nut case. You know the type:

1. Hasn't read their own Bible.
2. Hasn't read the constitution.
3. Hasn't read the Treaty of Tripoli.
3. Hasn't read "any" of the documents the founders created defining how
a state becomes a state, one of the requirements being that "You can't
be one, until you provide for education of the general public."
4. Is absolutely sure that>
   a) We are a founded as Christian nation.
   b) Thinks the constitution says you can have a theocracy, as long as
you are 'nice' about it.
   c) Public schools are unconstitutional.

I don't care if you called it, "That totally immoral thing we allow
because the state says so.", ***they*** will call it fracking marriage
and send their zombies out with picket signs anyway. We are not dealing
with sane, rational, never mind *reality/fact based* people here.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {