POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Warp
Date: 6 Jul 2009 13:31:41
Message: <4a5234fc@news.povray.org>
> >> Then you have to ask yourself "is genocide really OK, ever?  Would I
> >> actually participate in dashing the brains of infants against rocks if my
> >> God told me to, and said 'you don't understand why, but do it anyway.'"
> >
> >   Ah, that verse in that psalm is the favorite of atheists attacking the
> > bible, isn't it? Most people, including most christians, just don't
> > understand it. About the only people who understand it are the people who
> > wrote it, ie. the people in the semitic cultures.

> So you're saying that God's commandment to wipe out a neighboring country,
> killing everyone but the young virgins, who are to be taken back to camp and
> raped, that was just a really strong *insult*?

  Which part of "that verse in that psalm" did you not understand?

  Ok, I got tired of you seemingly having a reading comprehension problem.
You are constantly sidetracking rather than reading what I write and
aknowledging that you understand it.

  It seems that all atheists have reading comprehension problems when it
suits them.

--
                                                          - Warp