POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jul 2009 12:23:33
Message: <4a522505$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> The video isn't attacking the bible. It's attacking the interpretation of
>> the bible that includes "God has something to do with the appropriateness of
>> any given marriage".
>
>   If that was true, then they would have said "your interpretation of the
> bible is wrong" as their conclusion to the posed question. However, that
> was not what they are saying. They are saying that the divorce rate is
> indicative of God not existing.

The God that has something to do with the approriateness of any given
marriage does not exist.

>   I don't even understand why you are arguing that all they are doing is
> questioning some people's interpretation of the bible, while it's quite
> clear that they are questioning the entire christian religion and the very
> existence of God.

Because you're believing in a different God than Ray Comfort or Fred Phelps.

Do you believe in the same God that the people who flew planes into the
world trade centers believed in?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western