POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Warp
Date: 6 Jul 2009 03:05:27
Message: <4a51a237@news.povray.org>
> The video isn't attacking the bible. It's attacking the interpretation of
> the bible that includes "God has something to do with the appropriateness of
> any given marriage".

  If that was true, then they would have said "your interpretation of the
bible is wrong" as their conclusion to the posed question. However, that
was not what they are saying. They are saying that the divorce rate is
indicative of God not existing.

  I don't even understand why you are arguing that all they are doing is
questioning some people's interpretation of the bible, while it's quite
clear that they are questioning the entire christian religion and the very
existence of God.

--
                                                          - Warp