POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Teaching Ideas : Re: Teaching Ideas Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teaching Ideas
From: Warp
Date: 6 Jul 2009 02:44:28
Message: <4a519d4c@news.povray.org>
Because I worked as a teaching assistant at the university here, I once
participated in a small course about teaching. As an exercise, we had to
give a small lesson about anything we wanted. Since povray was part of the
computer graphics course I was a teaching assistant of, I decided to give
the lesson about that subject.

  I had this idea: I brought a big bunch of large lego bricks to the
"students" (the other people taking the same course) and I showed the
povray code to generate lego bricks of different sizes, and how to position
them. The task was for the "students" to form groups and then first construct
anything they wanted with the physical lego bricks and then replicate it with
povray (in this case it was only in paper because there were no computers
available). I would then review their SDL code.

  Afterwards the other people participating in this simulated exercise would
review how they liked it. The feedback was positive. They liked the novelty
of the idea.

  I don't know if this type of exercise would fit in your case, but I just
thought I'd mention it.

--
                                                          - Warp