POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jul 2009 23:01:33
Message: <4a51690d$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 19:56:29 -0700, Darren New wrote:

>>> Husband spends whole life providing for wife. Wife has no career
>>> outside the house. Husband dies. Who gets husband's social security
>>> payments? Who inherits the husband's money if the husband made no
>>> will?
>>
>> If the husband left no will, then that's an oversight on his part.
>> It's not the Government's place to protect us from our own stupidity.
>
> That doesn't answer the question. You're trying to deny that the
> question won't come up.

Well, and what's more, it is ostensibly the Government's place to protect
us from the stupidity of others, no?  So in this instance, the government
would be protecting the rightful heirs from the stupidity of the
deceased.  They're certainly not protecting the deceased from his/her own
stupidity:  The deceased is, by definition, no longer a party to the
affairs in question.

Jim