POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jul 2009 22:21:35
Message: <4a515faf$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:25:29 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> Historically, the LDS Church has never been about telling people what to
> specifically do (ie, how to vote), but rather how they should live their
> lives, and letting members apply those teachings appropriately.

That's the rather insidious part.  I don't mean this as a a personal
attack, as I said, I have many friends who are members (and my father-in-
law is a bishop), but telling people how to live their lives and then
charging the membership to go forth and apply those teachings *is*
telling people what to do and what they should support.

That it's not direct direction doesn't mean they're not saying "do what
we say" - "this is what is good", and then "do what you think is right"
is pushing a particular social agenda.

Jim