POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jul 2009 20:07:22
Message: <4a51403a$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Some people are a bit too freaked by Islam in Europe right now, and just
> like Christians, the moderate Muslims won't fracking stop supporting the
> radical ones by proxy of not doing anything "about" the radical ones at
> all.

I'm not sure what the average "regular" Christian or Muslim could do about
the radical ones.  Normal Christians don't "do" anything about Fred Phelps
either.

I think the problem is more what the leaders of the religion are saying. If
the pope was out there advocating suicide bombers, I think there would be a
better case against Catholics than there is now.

> The only difference seems to be that Christians want to legislate
> you to death, while Islam has less respect for civilization,

I disagree. Islam very easily legislates you to death quite literally, where
Islam is the primary religion of the country. The whole "Sharia Law" thing
is Islam, you know. :-)

Christians mostly legislate you because you're not radical enough for death
threads. Muslims legislate you where they can, and blow you up where they
have no valid political authority. Christians murder you where they have no
valid politcal authority to otherwise do so. And the fringe-moderates
(Limbaugh, for example?) support it.

> are poking the wrong caged animal, grab a stick yourself, and beat the

Good rant! :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western