POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jul 2009 19:49:37
Message: <4a513c11@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Marriage has a number of things associated with it that don't make it
> ideal for this purpose.  For one thing, the religious ideas that
> accompany the word, which in effect limit who you can designate.

You're assuming to start with that marriage has something to do with
religion, then saying "we shouldn't have marriage because it has something
to do with religion."  You are, in short, begging the question.

> A designation of your heir shouldn't be limited by religious constraints
> like that.

It's not. There's no religious constraint on my marriage. I didn't have a
religious marriage. Yet my *default* heir would still be my wife, and I'd
still need to have her agree if I changed her to not be my heir.

When someone gets hurt in an accident, who should the doctor allow to visit?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western