POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Jul 2009 19:33:31
Message: <4a51384b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> If the muslims here were rioting and murdering in the name of Islam here,
>> I'm sure there would be videos of ten things intelligent muslims need to
>> address, too. :-)
>
>   I don't think so. Muslims are rioting in Europe, yet it's forbidden to
> say anything bad about them. In Finland, for example, you can literally
> get jailed if you made such a video about islam. There have been concrete
> cases. (Christianity, on the other hand, is completely free to be bashed.)

And, when ever you do, some of them write you a nasty fatwa envy letter,
which basically states, "Man, its a good thing I am not one of those
Muslims, because if I was, you couldn't get away with this, and you
might just end up dead. But, this isn't a death threat, because as much
as I would love to kill you, and do it myself, Christians don't make
such threats, only Muslims do."

Some people are a bit too freaked by Islam in Europe right now, and just
like Christians, the moderate Muslims won't fracking stop supporting the
radical ones by proxy of not doing anything "about" the radical ones at
all. The only difference seems to be that Christians want to legislate
you to death, while Islam has less respect for civilization, and figures
that just blowing you up, along with the local super market, is much
easier than passing stupid laws, arresting you for blasphemy, then
jailing you, thus leaving the infrastructure intact. The same poisonous
hate and insanity exists in both, and even to some extent in the Jewish
faith, though in even smaller numbers than among Christians, but "all of
them", have 80% of the rest of the followers pointing fingers at, and
babbling about "intolerance" every time someone "outside" does what they
usually won't in anything like real numbers, and appose the stupidities.

This whole argument is an example of such. The video implies "everyone"
in some category share some traits, when they don't. It attacks the true
crazies, but the moderates get pissed that it makes the whole edifice
look bad, and so one. Well... tough fracking shit. You're holding the
wrong end to of damn stick. If you don't like what the video implies
about the "whole", then stop trying to argue that atheists and others
are poking the wrong caged animal, grab a stick yourself, and beat the
idiots that "are" the problem senseless, with us. So long as all your
effort goes into trying to take the stick away, because poking at the
cage looks bad, and we just "can't have that", all you are doing is
emboldening the rabies infested critters we are trying to distract with
the stick, and pissing off the people with the courage to at least "try"
to get it to stop biting random people, and infection more with the same
poisons in the process.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {