POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:06:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Jul 2009 18:34:32
Message: <4a512a78@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> As soon as you say "you have all the rights, we just won't *call* it
> marriage", then you're opening up to discrimination, including lawsuits
> where a law says "married couples" and it gets enforced as "but not
> civil unions."  "Separate but equal" has been shown to be a bad idea,
> and I'm really kind of surprised that so many blacks here voted for it
> less than a generation after it was applied to *them*.

A black atheist recently stated in an article she wrote that this is the
one great tragedy of America. You can be a serial killer, rapist, child
molester, or just about anything else, and as long as you are
"religious" you will get more respect in black community than an atheist
who runs charities, helps the poor, works as a doctor, or anything else.
Confronted with horrible conditions and hardships while slaves, they
embraces the "promises" of their slaver's religion so completely that it
is no ingrained into the culture so deeply that anything can be excused,
as long as its "religious". Ask one of the descendants of slave owners
if they think religion is beneficial, they will tell you that they
*believe* it is. Ask someone growing up in the black communities that
rose out of the same nasty insanity and they will tell you that they
***know*** it is. The reason Prop 8 passed is because the wackos staged
it as an "religious" issue, and the black community fell for it, hook
line and sinker, so they voted for it, because anything defending
"religion" is right, no matter how fundamentally wrong it might have
seemed if presented in secular liberal terms instead. God is on their
side, in their minds, because he helped them through past tragedies, and
continues to help them through their present blind refusal to take
control of their own lives and rise out of the ghetto. Its a self
perpetuating mess. Insist that everyone else is stacking the deck
against you, like always, turn to god to solace in your time of
tribulation, fail to do anything that "solves" the problems, including
the things you "should do", which is reject people that claim religion,
but commit crimes (after all, they do so because of the oppression and
inequity, not because they are not good believers), and when things
don't get better, go back to step one.

Its ironic, the priests proved to be better slavers than the people
buying and selling slaves (then again, they have had centuries more
practice).

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {