POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Chambers
Date: 5 Jul 2009 16:48:07
Message: <4a511187$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I live in California, where they just passed an amendment
> to the constitution to strip the right to marry from gay people. Now,
> *maybe* it wasn't religious, and perhaps you can offer me an actual
> rational secular reason why this happened.

Personally, I don't think the government should have anything to do with
marriage.  Its an entirely religious matter, and the Civil authorities
should keep their hands off it.

Then, if gay people wanted to get married, all they would have to do
would be to find a church that allows them to.

--
Chambers