POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 03:54:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jul 2009 14:07:10
Message: <4a50ebce@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I especially like the video called "10 questions that every intelligent
> Christian must answer". It's completely full of fallacious argumentation,

Just to be clear, I'm not bashing you or any of your beliefs. I'm just
trying to point out how a "reasonable" Christian who uses the metaphors and
lessons of peace and love from the Bible isn't who that video is addressing.

It's the fanatical evangelists in America who are trying to control the
lives of non-Christians by quoting the Bible as literal truth that the video
is trying to shame.

I think few people here have problems with the kind of Christians who behave
like most european christians seem to, any more than most people have
problems with the jewish folks who wear yamacas and won't eat bacon compared
to the jewish folks who invade foreign countries because their God promised
them it belonged to them a few thousand years ago.

If the muslims here were rioting and murdering in the name of Islam here,
I'm sure there would be videos of ten things intelligent muslims need to
address, too. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western