POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Jul 2009 00:24:05
Message: <4a4ed965$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF3L359yKjs
>
> If nothing else, it's an example of
> 1) Not understanding that bananas are far from how they were created, and
> 2) Not understanding how and why fruit evolves.
>

> But you want to hear something really weird? You know who was the first
> person to be diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease?  It was Lou Gehrig!
> How freaky is that??

Its not the only issue Mr. Comfort has. He is a grade A kook, and just
"loves" to get things dead wrong. One of his latest idiocies is an
"edited" version of Darwin's Origin of Species, which includes his own
personal "introduction". PZ Myers, biologist, unapologetic atheist and,
at times, writer of far more rants about the sort of stupid this man
does than science articles, stated this:

"It's like a book with multiple personality disorder -- two parts that
absolutely hate each other; an intro that is the inane product of one of
the most stupid minds of our century, and a science text that is the
product of one of the greatest minds of the author's century." PZ Myers,
biologist and associate professor at the University of Minnesota, Morris

He is currently looking for someone to write a forward to his mangled
book. lol He also, for no reason I can imagine, actually "has" that
quote on his website, on the page where he babbles about finding someone
to write his forward for him.

Another nice example of the man's logic (or rather total lack of any):

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/03/elephantine_errors_from_ray_co.php

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {