POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rebel without a cause : Re: Rebel without a cause Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:03:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebel without a cause
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jul 2009 14:17:43
Message: <4a4e4b47$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Yup.  I think it's because in the UK it's short for "cross-trainers"
> which we're starting to see in stores here now as a type of "speciality
> sneaker".

They're called cross-trainers here too, if they're not designed for a
specific sport. Otherwise we have basketball shoes (with a pivot in the
treads under the balls of the feet), tennis shoes (which have no treads),
running shoes and walking shoes (different heel designs), etc.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else called trainers, like
a type of shirt or some such. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western