POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rebel without a cause : Re: Rebel without a cause Server Time
9 Oct 2024 03:55:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebel without a cause
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Jul 2009 13:48:19
Message: <4a4e4463$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'm still puzzled by the number of people who seemed to think that me
>> in denim jeans, a crumpled-up shirt and a set of trainers looked "smart".
>
> It's a fashion statement. You're actually paying more attention to your
> clothes than you usually do. If they're clean, you're saying something
> about your personality that day.

Just to mix thing up, I thought I'd go to work with a completely
different look.

On the first day, it caused quite a stir. Interestingly, on the second
day nobody took the slightest bit of notice. Funny how quickly the
novelty fades, eh? (I guess after the initial shock, people remember
that even though I look different, I'm still the same old boring geek
that nobody actually likes...)

> BTW: "Trainers"? Is that what this side calls sneakers?

Conceivably.

http://www.uk.skechers.com/en/shoes/279

(Mind have tiny differences to this one.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/