POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Step_Frame command???? : Re: Step_Frame command???? Server Time
3 May 2024 17:43:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Step_Frame command????
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jul 2009 19:45:27
Message: <4a4d4697$1@news.povray.org>
Inquisitor wrote:
> Since there isn’t any such command (that I can find)… i
s there some other series
> of commands or tricks that I can use to get the same results?

Do the looping from outside of povray. Calculate a batch/shell script tha
will invoke pov for the appropriate frame, and then run the script. Since

you're skipping frames, you aren't carrying data from one frame to the ne
xt,
so this would seem pretty straightforward.

Both Windows BAT files and Unix shell programs can handle integer-like fo
loops, so it shouldn't take any code you don't already have.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western