POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future will be ok! : Re: The future will be ok! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future will be ok!
From: Warp
Date: 1 Jul 2009 13:50:03
Message: <4a4ba1cb@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> There is a general consensus that there is anthropogenic global warming,
>   what is in discussion is whether it will be catastrophic.

  Many people here (in Finland) seem to think that global warming will
mean that some time in the future there will be palm trees in Finland and
we will all be sunbathing all year drinking from pineapple cups while
hawaiian music is playing.

  For some reason many (not even in the media) seem to be aware of the
possibility of global warming disturbing the Gulf stream, which may cause
a new ice age in northern Europe. I believe the absolute worst-case
scenario which has been estimated is that in Finland the year-average
temperature will drop to something like -50 degrees, making living here
basically impossible.

  It's ironic that global warming might cause an ice age, but it's a real
possibility.

--
                                                          - Warp