POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future will be ok! : Re: The future will be ok! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future will be ok!
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 1 Jul 2009 00:57:14
Message: <4a4aecaa@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> Except climate... we f***ed that one up.
>>
>> http://xkcd.com/603/
>
> I don't think it has *ever* been the case that intelligent people had
> more children. (Quite the converse, actually.) Possibly more of them
> *survived*, but that's a different statement. ;-)

I remember my biology teacher saying it's ironic that protozoa (unicellular
life form), when lacking nutrients around them, produce some solid
substance around them and "hibernate" (that dissolves if they get back in
water), and if they have good amounts of nutrients around them, reproduce.
In contrast, poor humans have more children than rich humans. How does this
make sense, aren't humans supposed to be *smarter*?