POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching DVD's on big screens : Re: Watching DVD's on big screens Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching DVD's on big screens
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 30 Jun 2009 14:38:38
Message: <4a4a5bae$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>>> Unless you have my mum's DVD player.
>>
>> Why yes, it's a HiFi-model, it needs to warm up first to make sure the
>> picture won't have 7th harmonics on the signal!
>
> ...it's HDMI? :-P

Well, you sure don't want to have negative bits or anything on HDMI
interface!

My DVD-player has HDMI and upscaling to 720p. It's also free of area
codes and it gives really nice image even on S-video (my projector and
amplifier doesn't have HDMI) and cost me about 200 euros couple of years
ago. And it boots in couple of seconds.

-Aero