POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:01:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 30 Jun 2009 14:29:26
Message: <4a4a5986$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Dunno. The same reason red and blue and green get different pixels.
> Otherwise you'd wind up with white. Maybe the video camera just doesn't
> filter out IR when normally photographing? I dunno.

Possibly. My head doesn't work right now, I'm too exhausted to think :-).

> I think you can't have both at once, no. :-)

On that I think we agree :-).

> It has both modes. Basically, take the IR picture, or take a flash
> picture. I've used both, but neither frequently of course.

I figured that out, yes. I ment that the IR-part for aligning the photo
doesn't need to be HQ, but when shooting IR-photo, it at least certainly
pumps the quality up, compared to software filtering (if it even works:).

> Well, we have a couple of trips coming up. I can put up pictures with
> the Sony, the D90, and scanned from the Nikon N60 film camera we used to
> use, if people want to compare.

Naah, at least I don't need them, but out of curiosity, if you could
deliver one IR-shot from Sony to be seen, I'd appreciate.

-Aero