POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : MIT lectures : Re: MIT lectures Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MIT lectures
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Jun 2009 12:29:13
Message: <4a4a3d59$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     At some point in my undergrad years I realized that I learned _much_
> better by reading than by listening.

Mostly, yes. But when the topic is on the edge of my comprehension, having
it played out live on the blackboard is helpful. Watching the derivation of
radiosity matricies, or watching alpha/beta pruning in process, or going
over massively SIMD algorithms, were all things that were much more clear to
me than I got out of reading the book.

There are still things I discover that a little animation will make clear
when a textbook doesn't. Like, rotating a tree to balance it, which one of
these days in my copious spare time I'll actually animate. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western