POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Jun 2009 12:08:19
Message: <4a4a3873$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> And you know Sony's Nightshot -feature on videocameras?

That's a good point; you're right. I wonder how they're working it.

> I dunno, the sensor can pick up the whole visible spectrum and I believe
> the software can just pick eg. blue colors from there. Why would IR be
> diffent?

Dunno. The same reason red and blue and green get different pixels.
Otherwise you'd wind up with white. Maybe the video camera just doesn't
filter out IR when normally photographing? I dunno.

> Yes. Somehow I guided to thinking that having the optical vf doesn't
> prevent you having the LCD vf.

I think you can't have both at once, no. :-)

> Ah yes, I got stuck with aligning the image, not shooting IR. Yes, I'm
> fairly certain that blocking the visible light enhances the quality of
> IR-photo.

It has both modes. Basically, take the IR picture, or take a flash picture.
I've used both, but neither frequently of course.

> Yes, half-SLR=SL. Seems that the biggest fault is unchangeable optics.

Basically, yes. For vacation photos instead of pro photos, it works nicely.
The bottom isn't quite flat, which makes it a little annoying to try to take
impromptu tripod pictures, but otherwise it's really nice.

Well, we have a couple of trips coming up. I can put up pictures with the
Sony, the D90, and scanned from the Nikon N60 film camera we used to use, if
people want to compare.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western