POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching DVD's on big screens : Re: Watching DVD's on big screens Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching DVD's on big screens
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jun 2009 09:29:11
Message: <4a4a1327$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> I could fancy some of that... How much does it cost to buy a decent
>> ceiling-mounted projector these days?
>
> Dunno, our old ones are huge monsters that look like they have come from
> the 80s.  I bought a portable desk-mount one a while back to take to
> customer meetings and was really impressed how it knocked the socks off
> our old huge beasts.  It was around 1000 euro IIRC, from NEC.  But
> saying that we just got a 52" TV for our meeting room for about the same
> price and it means you don't have to close the blinds when it's sunny to
> see anything, nor is there is loud hum from a fan right above your
> head.  FOr a small to medium sized meeting room it's perfect, but for
> anything larger you'd want a beefier projector I would imagine which is
> going to cost a lot more.

Our projector is... shagged. It leans to one side, it's never ever in
focus properly, it's not very bright, you have to repeatedly press the
resync button to get the whole picture in shot, and it sounds like a
coffee grinder.

I really want to replace it with something better... but I suspect I'll
never get authorisation to spend the money. :-(