POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diskeeper : Re: Diskeeper Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diskeeper
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 09:27:07
Message: <4a4a12ab$1@news.povray.org>
>> Microsoft Windows servers run faster and more reliably with Diskeeper and
>> stay that way without needing any intervention from the IT Administrator.
>
> This, I feel, is the basic message of the whole advert. "Hey, just buy our
> product! It's a silver bullet that will Make Everything Better(tm)."
>
> God I want to smack people when they make unsubstantiated claims like
> that...

They can probably legally say that because they did some test with a 10 year
old system full and fragmented like anything that crashed once, did some
timings on it, then let their software run for a week and did the same
tests, and saw some improvement.  Why don't you call them and ask for the
details :-)