POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diskeeper : Re: Diskeeper Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diskeeper
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 09:12:55
Message: <4a4a0f57$1@news.povray.org>
>> Today's servers must cope with escalating demands to process bandwidth
>> and volume sizes without bottlenecking.
>
>> It is literally impossible to do this effectively without the ability to
>> dynamically eliminate fragmentation as Diskeeper is designed to do.
>
> Well, given the nebulous meaning of "process bandwidth and volume sizes",
> I couldn't say whether I'm doing it or not. But I doubt it's "impossible"
> at all. :-P

Some tech guy probably drafted the original version, which while technically
accurate was not "appealing" enough so marketing changed and added some bits
that sounded good.  Then legal came in and told them to change the wording a
bit more to avoid making false claims, and then you got the result :-)

Anyway, back to your exact comment, they are claiming it's impossible to do
blah blah blah without bottlenecking, surely every system has a bottle neck
somewhere?   Also note they don't claim that it is possible *with* their
system, just that it is impossible without it...