POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching DVD's on big screens : Re: Watching DVD's on big screens Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching DVD's on big screens
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 08:58:11
Message: <4a4a0be3$1@news.povray.org>
>> Maybe because most companies have tons of laptops lying around, but very
>> few (if any) DVD players.
>
> I don't think so. Even our paragliding teacher first asked for a laptop,
> even though he has a fully equipped home theater and he doesn't work for
> a big company.

Again, they are probably just expecting that it is more likely you carry
around or have available a laptop rather than a stand-alone DVD player.
Stand alone DVD players tend to be wired in to systems and not easily
portable, whereas laptops are designed to be portable.

> Pretty many projectors, especially the meeting room models
> have more decent audio equipment themselves.

Oh I didn't realise that, most of ours that are remaining (they are
replacing them all with big TVs now) are fixed to the ceiling and have the
SVGA cable routed somewhere that pops up on the table.  Connecting up 3.5mm
stereo audio or some cable from a DVD player is going to be tricky.