POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching DVD's on big screens : Re: Watching DVD's on big screens Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:09:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching DVD's on big screens
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 30 Jun 2009 08:35:08
Message: <4a4a067c$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Maybe because most companies have tons of laptops lying around, but very
> few (if any) DVD players.

I don't think so. Even our paragliding teacher first asked for a laptop,
even though he has a fully equipped home theater and he doesn't work for
a big company.

> Also a DVD player needs some external
> components to work, like amplifier and speakers, which I have not seen
> in many meeting rooms (apart from in companies that actually make audio
> equipment).

Most of the laptop speakers are so pathetic they can't be called
speakers - at least not at a meeting room, there's simply just not
enough sound. Pretty many projectors, especially the meeting room models
have more decent audio equipment themselves.

-Aero