POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 08:18:03
Message: <4a4a027b@news.povray.org>
> I used to be quite proactive - trying to fix things before they broke,
> etc. But now so much of our infrastructure isn't actually under my control
> anyway, it seems every time something breaks all I can actually do is call
> America and ask them to fix it. Which just makes it look like I'm
> incapable of doing my job without help.

I'm in a similar situation, working for what seems like quite a small
company, but actually is part of a huge company.  You get the worst of both
worlds, in that you can't really do anything without telling 674 people
about it and then getting 53 people to agree with it and sign it off, yet
you still get the disadvantages of working for a small company in that admin
and IT are useless at anything big because there's only 1 or 2 of them here
and there's really no career opportunities because you're the only
Engineer...