POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your Tax Dollars at Work : Your Tax Dollars at Work Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Your Tax Dollars at Work
From: John VanSickle
Date: 30 Jun 2009 07:46:33
Message: <4a49fb19$1@news.povray.org>
The beneficent Congress of the United States has recently passed a new
GI Bill for veterans of the US Armed Forces who served in the military
on or after September 11th, 2001.  For those who served a full 36 months
on active duty after that date (as I have done), they are funding a full
36 months of college, including 100% tuition, all fees, $1K/annum book
stipend, and a housing allowance for those who qualify (and you can bet
that I will arrange my affairs to qualify, if I can).

I already have one bachelors (in computer and information science), but
I am considering getting another bachelor's in a different field,
preferably one with decent job prospects.

I am presently leaning towards pre-pharmacy (since the pharmacy field
appears to be both challenging and rewarding, but not as stressful as
medicine), but I could consider other fields.

If anyone has first-hand knowledge of other degree fields, I would be
interested in hearing about the pros and cons.

Regards,
John