POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 06:57:22
Message: <4a49ef92@news.povray.org>
> I'm not an interpretter, I'm a computer technition.

Sure, but if you need to do a little interpreting to help your main job then
so be it.

> And they walk off muttering "yeah, whatever, we believe you".

So you forward them the email you got from management in reply to your
suggestion.  And you email everyone reminding them to log a IT call if they
ever experience an unacceptable delay in the external network so that you
can inform management how severe the problem is, etc - be proactive, let
people see that you are working rather than just hiding away and waiting for
them to come to you.

> All he does is swagger around in that arrogant self-important way, and
> spend all day on Facebook.

Well you're the IT guy - block facebook, and when he complains tell him that
the bandwidth is so limited on your low speed connection that you had to
block non-work sites to allow people to do their jobs more efficiently.  Of
course if you had a faster connection these rules could be relaxed a little
:-)

> The "stuff" consists of a cabinet (which was there when the builders built
> the place) and some fibers going into it. I have asked on several
> occasions what's going on with this room - the general response being "uh,
> dunno". [More like "I don't give a crap"...]

Surely the obvious response is then "well who *does* know then?"  As the IT
guy it seems pretty reasonable that you need to know why this stuff is
there.  Don't stop until you get to the top :-)