POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching DVD's on big screens : Re: Watching DVD's on big screens Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching DVD's on big screens
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jun 2009 04:51:07
Message: <4a49d1fb@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Seriously though. From pressing the ON button until the disk tray will
>> open is about 45 seconds.
>
> It's probably running Linux internally or something :-)

You laugh, but that's probably not actually far from the truth...

My dad's WiFi access point is actually running Linux. You can telnet
into it and run shell commands if you want. (But we just use the HTTP
interface; I have *no idea* how to program the settings manually!)

I think the BT Vision Box might be Linux too...