POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching DVD's on big screens : Re: Watching DVD's on big screens Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching DVD's on big screens
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jun 2009 04:31:03
Message: <4a49cd47@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Whenever there's a need to show a DVD on a meeting with a
> projector, why everyone thinks immediality that they need a laptop?

I have yet to see anybody have a need to show a DVD in a meeting. It's
much more usual to need to show PowerPoint, or some WMA-encoded file on
the file server / intranet, or a VNC/RDP session or something like than
than a plain ordinary DVD.

Also, I would imagine most companies have lots of laptops around the
place, but approximately 0 DVD-players.

But sure, in principle, if showing a DVD is what you actually want to
do, a DVD player is, sockingly, the most efficient way to do this.

Unless you have my mum's DVD player. In that case, using a light
microscope to transcribe the pits and flats by hand and perform the DCT
with pencil and paper would be far, far faster than waiting for the
player to start up. :-P