POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 02:55:21
Message: <4a49b6d9@news.povray.org>
> A normal IT guy working for an international company would presumably be

And would presumably be meant to be working for almost 100% of the time, and
not moaning whenever he actually had to do some real IT work :-)

> I would also *hope* that such a person wouldn't be considered utterly
> incompetent every single time any kind of minor technical glitch occurs.

Surely you've demonstrated how you can solve all the minor technical
glitches though?  Surely not everyone in your company is that dumb that they
all think you're totally incompetent?

Did you ever try to work pro-actively? I mean by suggesting things to your
boss that you think you should be doing (in order to improve the company's
IT), rather than just waiting to be told things to do?  It might make them
think more of you as a valued employee contributing to the company rather
than "just" an IT worker who fixes stuff when asks.

> (That's rhetorical of course. I wouldn't travel to a foreign country if
> you paid me.)

Well clearly you have travelled to a foreign country, when you actually paid
yourself to go, albeit for a holiday.  Are you really telling me that if
paid enough you still wouldn't travel abroad to work for a few days?  How
about to go to a conference?  OOC why not?