POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:02:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2009 21:07:11
Message: <4a49653f$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> That is a matter of optics and filtering. Most cameras have an
> IR-blocking filter mounted over the sensor.

Yes. But you have to also block the optical wavelengths, so it's not
something you can install and have work. You actually have to change things
inside the camera. (Or, on a SLR, I guess you could get a specifically IR
lens or something.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western