POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2009 18:28:55
Message: <4a494027@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> It is, but the large depth of field (because of the much smaller sensor)
> means that the AF need not be as accurate.

True. The sensor is both smaller and has fewer pixels on the sony.

> The smaller camera also has
> much smaller pieces of glass to move when focusing.

It's not *that* much smaller. I'm not talking about a point-and-shoot here
as such. :-)

> That is not what "circular polariser" means. A CPL is basically just a
> regular linear polariser with a quarter-wave plate on the inside
> surface. The effect on the resulting image is the same.

Oh! Well, I thought it selected out the circularly polarized light, but a
quick wikipedia check explains it. Very cool.  I'll definitely try it again.
I had tried it before and not gotten a noticable result, but I must have
messed it up.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western