POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 05:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2009 17:23:39
Message: <4a4930db$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> Resolution, colour fidelity, response time.

OK.  Resolution on my sony is already better than I can see, and I'm not

going to get faster fidelity or response time out of the camera than it's

giving me on the viewfinder. :-)

> Phase-detect is generally faster, often much faster.

That I noticed, just playing with the live view. Contrast-detect is prett
quick on the sony, assuming that's what it's using.

>> I didn't find the circular polarizer to have any noticable effect on
>> my photos, tho.
>
> If you are aiming for the "deep-blue sky" look, you will want to point

> the lens (with polariser) 90° away from the sun. Of course, you al
so
> need to turn the polariser to match.

It's a circular polarizer? I'm pretty sure reflections are linearly
polarized, than that's usually when I want a particular polarizer.

> If you just want to see the polariser in action, look at an LCD through

> it while slowly turning it.

I'll give that a go.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)