POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
9 Oct 2024 06:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 Jun 2009 14:45:31
Message: <4a490bcb$1@news.povray.org>
>> I can understand different users having different language settings.
>> But the friggin' keymap?? HOW can that be different for each user?!
>>
> On a desktop it is possible, for a laptop a bit more difficult, although
> you can always plug in a usb keyboard... No, come to think about it, it
> should on all systems be possible. Only I would expect that it would
> take at least 5 generations for MS to get right.

Ah yes, that's the Really Fun Thing(tm). What happens if you have an
English PS/2 keyboard and an American USB keyboard plugged in at the
same time? The answer: No matter what keymap you select, one or other of
the keyboards will malfunction. Isn't that wonderful?

> If on Vista it already
> works that could be an indication that MS has changed it's testing
> procedures. That reminds me that on this Vista system the exceptions
> during filecopy also finally are handled in a useful way. Something
> fishy going on. Anybody knows more?

I know little about Vista. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/