POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
9 Oct 2024 06:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2009 14:41:48
Message: <4a490aec@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Of course, she changed the regional settings - but only for her
>>> account. That means the Windows login prompt still has the wrong keymap.
>>
>> That's one of the things they fixed on Vista. It's really obvious now
>> how to use a different input mechanism to log in.
>
> I can understand different users having different language settings. But
> the friggin' keymap?? HOW can that be different for each user?!

You've never heard of remote logins?  (Altho I don't know at which end of
the protocol the translation is done.)

I'm more familiar with chinese input mechanisms than french keyboards. You
can imagine how it would be difficult to log in with a password in chinese
if you didn't have the appropriate input drivers available from the login
screen.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western