POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 07:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2009 14:33:42
Message: <4a490906$1@news.povray.org>
Florian Pesth wrote:
> You'll never get the same resolution with a monitor ;).

True. But then I can zoom in on bits while I'm lining up the shot to see if
it's in focus and such. My eyes aren't good enough to see that difference
anyway.

And, of course, if they splurged on an LCD with the same resolution as the
image sensor, it would be a bogus reason. (Of course, it would be silly to
do that.)

> For me for this
> reason live view doesn't make much sense with a DSLR

It would make a lot more sense if the LCD swiveled. I can't count the number
of pics I took with my Sony by holding it over the heads of the crowd.

> - although I have to
> admit that beeing able to shoot movies with different lenses with the
> Nikon D90 (and some Canon models) is very cool.

Yep. Altho I find I don't watch the movies nearly as often as I watch the
photos, I *have* figured out how to get the D90 movies to play over the XBox
on the big-screen HDTV.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western