POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's venom: Acrobat : Re: Today's venom: Acrobat Server Time
9 Oct 2024 06:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's venom: Acrobat
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 Jun 2009 13:54:21
Message: <4a48ffcd$1@news.povray.org>
>> I stupidly assumed that since we have PDF editing software, it would
>> be easy to, you know, edit the PDF file.
>
> I'd be surprised if "PDF manipulation software" included everything you
> needed to write documents in PDF. That would be "word processor/image
> manipulator/font editor/PDF manipulation software" to me.

Well, you know, it's not like I'm trying to do anything complex. A few
trivial cut/paste operations is all. But noooooo, that would be too
useful...

> Why not write a new XSLT to take the XML from backup exec and output
> something a word processor can handle, like RTF or LaTeX or something?
> That's why BE is giving it to you as XML.

BackupExec does not "give" it to you at all. It displays it in screen
for you, and lets you print it, but it won't let you "have" the
underlying file at all. (Although it does tell you that this log is file
38H4G28JHQ83BH94EH.XML if you're interested.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/