POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diskeeper : Re: Diskeeper Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diskeeper
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2009 12:42:20
Message: <4a48eeec@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Improve your system's performance by up to 40% and save valuable company
> resources now!

Given how crappy Windows runs when it's thrashing the disk, this isn't
really much of a stretch.

I defragged the virtual disks for the VM on my work laptop, and compiles
went from 3.5 hours to 2 hours. At least, that's the only explanation I can
come up with for why it's so much faster.

> I have no idea why I received this CD.

Probably because you're still running NT.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western